Last revised on August 28, 2017
In General. We may collect Personal Information, including sensitive data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. Sensitive data includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing sensitive data to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of sensitive data as permitted by applicable privacy laws. We may also collect your geolocation information with your consent. We may collect this information through our Services or in connection with the Service. When you provide personal information, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and/or other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Services. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method. You may also provide us photos, a personal description, your username, your gender, your date of birth and time of birth, other demographic information such as your place of birth, your username, and preferences for recommendations such as search distance, age range and gender.
- Information about others. We may collect and store photos and personal information about other people that you may provide to us, such as their name, gender, birthplace, date of birth, time of birth, and email address.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your device when you visit/use our Services. This information could include your device ID, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your device has previously accepted from us (See “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our Services, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Services and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Services, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Services. During your visits to other websites where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Services to show you the type of NUiT advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons, pixel tags, local storage and other technologies that facilitate personalization to track your use of our Services. If you are using our app, we use mobile device IDs (a unique identifier given to a device by the manufacturer) instead of cookies to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track use of our app. Unlike cookies, devices Ids cannot be deleted. We also may use these technologies in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the service we offer our application and/or website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Services. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, and web beacons to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
Use of Information Collected
In General, we may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, the Services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Services and other sites including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- perform ad tracking and mobile application or website analytics;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment methods to process payment for any purchases, enroll you in a discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our Services from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
Access to Information Collected
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when you are informed and given an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers. We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Services functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Services. We may also share your name, contact information and credit cardinformation with our service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may haveaccess to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners. When you register or make purchases on our Services or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites or applications, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Term of Use Agreement or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Services and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, advertising, marketing or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. We may also share your geolocation information in de-identified form with third parties for the above purposes.
Do Not Track disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide the opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Access Your Information
If you have a NUiT account, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account and clicking on your account settings.
Applicable privacy laws may allow you the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in your personal information that is in our custody or under our control. This includes:
- Identification of personal information under our custody or control; and
- Information about how personal information under our control may be or has been used by us.
In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information we hold. For security purposes, not all personal information is accessible and amendable by us. If access or corrections cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- When you register on our Services, you consent to receive email messages from us. You may modify this consent later by visiting the account settings page associated with your account. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by visiting the account settings page associated with your account. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. We may send you transactional and relationship emails, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- Our applications may also deliver notifications to your mobile device. You can disable these notifications in your device’s settings in your NUiT account under account settings or by deleting the relevant application.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using ourServices to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not warrant or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Services if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at email@example.com.
Information you Provide While Using the Service
Although our Services are a general audience services, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Onward Transfer and Consent to International Processing
If you are visiting from another region with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by NUiT from your region to countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the said other region, including the United States. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer or mobile device for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our Services. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive or memory storage for an extended period of time. Cookies on our Services do not link to or store your personal information.
For example, when you sign in to our Services, we will record your user or member ID and the name associated with your user or member ID in the cookie file on your mobile device. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from the Mobile App to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our Services content and advertising.
We may allow third-parties, including advertising companies, analytics companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our Services. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements or the Services. We do not provide any non-masked or non-obscured personal information to these third parties, but they may collect information about where you, or others who are using your device, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements they deliver (such as
Opting-Out of Advertising Cookies.
You may opt out of our data collection for use by third party ad companies to provide targeted NUiT advertising to you when you visit other sites. Cookies are unique to each computer or mobile device. Therefore, you must opt out separately on all computers and mobile devices you use. If you delete all of your cookies, you will have to go through the opt-out process again to reactivate your opted-out status.